After graduation, Dr. Skerpan was the first female to attend and graduate with a certificate from the two-year General-Dental-Residency at the Brookdale Hospital and Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. Brookdale's medically-based program was known for being one of the most rigorous, strict and diverse dental residencies in the country. She was one of 200 applicants to this high-powered program, with
only 5 dental graduates accepted to train under the hospital's dental department-head world-renowned dental implantologist, Dr. Norman Cranin. **
This advanced dental education and heavy medical background gave Dr. Skerpan
a wide exposure to a broader and more diverse set of dental experiences. But more importantly, such a background expanded her ability to offer a varied wide-range of comprehensive dental services. *** (See Dental Services)
** Dr. Skerpan's 2 year dental-hospital program included assigned routine patient
appointments in the hospital dental clinic, 24 hour hospital emergency-room call,
admissions for all necessary & elective oral-surgery cases---as well as responsibility
for in-hospital dental emergencies & oral-care for in-hospital cancer patients.
*** From Dr. Skerpan's extensive training and dedicated years in practice, her strength
is rooted in a combination of skills, as well as in comprehending the restoration and
maintenance of a balanced healthy dental-environment. Also her background has
served to increase her sensitivity to the oral-body/dental-medical connections.
Procedures offered include everything from the simplest cleanings & fillings, to toothache relief & cosmetic dentistry with smile makeovers---from periodontal disease therapy & periodontal treatments, to extractions & surgeries---from root canals & crowns, to replacement of teeth with bridges, partials, dentures and implant restorations.
(See Dental Services)
All of Dr. Skerpan's combined professional, life and career experiences have given
her the ability to visualize and prioritize the needs & wants of the whole patient,
while delivering a "Complete Dentistry" experience within one office.
- one-on-one doctor-patient relationship with every procedure
- listen to patient concerns, wants & needs for a healthy plan of care
- communicate & educate for better patient understanding
- offer a caring & comfortable environment for the dental-experience
- achieve the best possible health, function & smile aesthetics
- apply conservative creative techniques where possible
- maintain knowledge in modern dental practices & techniques
- treat the full-range of dental problems in one office-setting
- achieve & oversee maintenance personally in every followup
- strive for maximum dental-health and maximum dental-longevity